Postgraduate curriculum, Master Degree
The prerequisite for the Master's programme is a bachelor degree. The MSc Degree is awarded after one year of study. This programme is developed to meet and anticipate the growing demands of students who wish to pursue a management career in the hospitality industry.
The MSc programme is designed to equip students with a more comprehensive set of skills and knowledge to cope with a competitive and rapidly changing world. Students will gain a solid practical understanding of the management trends that are making a difference internationally.
The programme aims to consolidate the knowledge acquired during undergraduate training and to increase knowledge of the many aspects of business management. The programme also provides students with a range of specific skills to enable them to adapt to current industry requirements.
The programme provides an in-depth knowledge of research and critical analysis. Students learn the techniques and science of hospitality business management, focusing on objectives related to a variety of topics. They learn to integrate different specialisations and techniques into the overall framework of goal-oriented organisations and apply management theory to their field of study.
The Master's programme provides an educational opportunity in the field of applied hospitality science, management, teamwork and decision-making. It also provides in-depth expertise in the areas of practical research and critical analysis. Students learn the characteristics and techniques used in the context of applied management, focusing on specific objectives related to various fields of activity.
The MSc follows the normal Bologna process pathway and is equivalent to 60 ECTS credits.
The programme also provides students with a range of specific skills to enable them to adapt to current business requirements.
- Develop a systematic critical awareness of current issues in the tourism and hospitality sector from a financial, economic, marketing, organisational, political, legal and socio-cultural perspective.
- To extend the knowledge, skills and lifelong learning abilities of current and potential managers in the tourism and hospitality sector, as well as in public and third sector organisations, to a level where the student can make a professional and strategic contribution to a diverse range of organisations.
- Develop a critical appreciation of the complex, multi-dimensional and interdisciplinary nature of the international hospitality field and enhance the ability to apply systematically an understanding of theories to complex issues.
- Develop a critical and comprehensive appreciation of acquired knowledge and research skills to design and conduct an independent research project that provides logical and coherent arguments to support the research findings and conclusions and offers originality in the application of knowledge.
- Cultivate a professional attitude of leadership and management, fostering the creative development of innovative ideas and solutions, taking into account ethical and sustainable implications.